Saturday, June 21, 2008

Mom's Birthday

I was lucky enough to be with my mom on her birthday this year! She, Louisa and I went to Chili's and enjoyed a great lunch together.






So big d (my step dad) decided to make her a cake for her birthday.Louisa and I just happened to be in the next room while he was making it and we overheard him talking to himself trying to figure out how to make frosting. Of course we had to grab the camera a take a few pictures of his attempts.


No fear... once we saw him trying to add hot cocoa mix to the frosting, we stepped in and made my famous chocolate buttercream.









3 comments:

BarbaraJo said...

That is freak'n hillarious!!! Go Dave!! I like how he was mixing it in a cereal bowl. Wow, Mom looks like Louisa!!!or the other way around.

Rob Matheny said...

That is funny, hot coco frosting, sounds delicious. You guys at chilis look like someone snapped those pics when you weren't expecting it. haha.

Flora said...

Fabulous photos! Laurel looks amazing! I must get the name of the place where she got that incredible facial! Happy, happy birthday to Laurel! And Rachel, your blog is great!